17 April 2005

Welcome!

Greetings,

Yeap yeap - this is my very first blog!!! After weeks of reading through the blogs of some friends, I'm finally convinced that it's time for me to follow suit. I guess that the old adage 'If you can't beat them, join them' holds a great deal of truth, regardless of how cliche it may sound. :)

Let's start off with a short introduction of myself (as well as the purpose of this blog!):

I'm a Malaysian guy, who's currently living halfway around the world in London. It has always been a dream of mine to travel around the world, and to experience the different cultures and lifestyles in various countries. Since young, I would marvel at photographs of the outside world, without ever expecting that I would one day have the opportunity to visit them.

However, life took on a really big turn when I received an offer to join PricewaterhouseCoopers London -through a Chartered Accountancy programme with PwC Singapore (which I had been working as an Associate for the past year). From the moment I boarded the SIA plane on 31st October 2004 in Changi Airport, I knew that my life would never be the same again.

I arrived in London on 1 Nov 2004, and have never looked back since. To borrow a quote from the well-loved film Notting Hill, I'd describe that my life here has been 'Surreal, but nice.' Yeap - I've literally enjoyed every moment of my time here - and I keep counting my blessings and thank God for the wonderful opportunity I've been blessed with.

Hence, with the start of this blog, I intend to keep a record of my life here. And when my time is up in the next 3 years, I'm confident that I'll be able to look back into my Blog archives, with a sense of fervor akin to Yanni's emotions that were embraced in one of his musical masterpieces, 'Reflections of Passion.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home