08 May 2005

Manchester United!

Just last weekend (from 29 Apr to 1 May), I made a pilgrimage to Manchester.


Old Trafford - the Theatre of Dreams. Ahh.... It was a magnificent experience. Although I did not sit through a live match, I signed up for a tour around the stadium grounds together with Adrian Lunsong, William, and Richard (Adrian's friend). We had a great time together over the May bank holiday weekend.

For those of you who know me well, you'd know that I didn't give a damn about football while I was in Malaysia / Singapore. But two months upon arriving in London, I've gotta admit that I've been poisoned by the football mania. As my fellow Malaysians say back there - "Makan Bola, Minum Bola, Tidur Bola" or literally translated as "Eat Ball, Drink Ball, Sleep Ball". This basically reflects how certain people are so consumed with football that they hardly ever think of anything in their minds.

And how did I come about supporting Man United? Hm... though question - especially since this club isn't doing remarkably well this season. But we ARE going to win the FA Cup on 21 May. Mark my words. Hee hee. Well, back to my question. I can't pinpoint a specific answer, but I must say that I've seen quite a number of matches since I've got here. And Man U basically struck me because I felt that all the players were truly outstanding (unlike most other clubs that only relied on one or two key players). Haha...

Anyway, that's pretty much another change that I've been through here. From zero knowledge of football, I've pretty much picked up a considerable level of idea on what the game is, and who are the key players, and how the league systems work. Hee... before this, I never knew how fans could be so passionate about their clubs. Oh well, I'm no longer an exception now. :)

Go Red Devils!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home