22 May 2005

Royal Albert Hall

From the time that I first saw the Tenth Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables (The Dream Cast) on DVD, I’ve been dreaming of setting foot into the Royal Albert Hall.

And today, this age-old fantasy has become a reality.

For it was today that I attended a concert by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (yes – the very same one that performed in Leicester Square for the STAR WARS UK Premier!) with my friends.

As I entered into the massive concert hall, I was awed by the beautiful and majestic design of the venue. The whole experience just seemed so surreal, as I subconsciously found myself whispering in my heart, “Wow – this is it! I’m finally here!” And since we got some amazing seats in the stalls, we had an excellent view of the orchestra on stage, as well as the whole layout of the place.

Just look at the interior - Ain't she a beauty?
And when the orchestra began to play, I felt my emotions soar with the repertoire of the night. The pieces that were performed are as follows:

Rossini - William Tell Overture
Grieg – Piano Concerto (Featuring pianist Alain Lefevre)
Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade
(Note: You can click on the above songs to listen to a short music clip of the piece)

My favourite piece of the night is definitely Grieg’s Piano Concerto (I’ve always longed for a chance to hear it being performed live by an Orchestra), while Scheherazade was brilliantly performed to an all-attentive audience. Hee… I guess I’m just biased to piano pieces. :P

This is definitely a night to remember. And the interesting line-up of upcoming events, I’m convinced that I’ll be making numerous more visits to this remarkable hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home